Add a hint of sweetness to your meal with these Lavender Honey Bread Rolls, or prepare ahead of time to pair with your tea! Soft, fluffy, and delicious these rolls are made with NO added sugar and give off a warm floral fragrance.
Lavender Honey Bread Rolls
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Baking Pan/Sheet
- Dish cloth
- 2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Luke-warm Water
- 1/2 cup Honey (Leave 1/2 tablespoon separate)
- 2 tbsp Crush Lavender Flowers
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Add water and dry yeast in large mixing bowl and let sit for 5 minutes, then stir in 1/2 cup of honey, vanilla extract, salt, egg, and lavender until combined evenly
- Add in flour, mix until dough comes together
- Either hand-knead dough until elastic or place in mixer for 9 minutes. For sticky dough add a little extra flour and knead until the correct consistency. (Add a tablespoon at a time, too much flour makes the bread dense)
- Lightly grease a new bowl and put dough inside, cover with clean dish towel and leave for 2 hours so dough can rise.
- Deflate the dough with soft punches and divide into 12 equal balls and place on a lightly greased baking pan or sheet. Let dough rest with clean dish towel on top for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Melt butter and combine with 1 tbsp of honey, coat tops of rolls with mixture before placing in oven.
- Bake rolls 11-15 minutes. Tops should be light brown.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes and enjoy! You can add extra lavender flowers on top if desired!