Summer is coming and this is the worst time of year for fleas! Flea treatments are full of chemicals and can be very expensive! Here is our recipe for a powder you can make yourself and have your best friend be healthy and flea-free!
- Mix all ingredients together well
- Put in a shaker top container (You can make one by drilling holes in a mason jar container)
- Apply from head to tail – make sure your pet is NOT WET! Brush your pets in the opposite direction to make sure that the powder gets deep into the fur.
- Avoid eyes and nose – rub powder into belly and other areas that have no fur. Try to get the powder in as much of the skin as possible without getting it close to mucus tissue. Avoid any wound areas!
- The area at the base of the tail is where fleas love to stay – make sure you get lots of powder into that area!
- Use about once a month to avoid an infestation. If you give your pet a bath you will need to re-apply.
- If you have an infestation apply every other day until the fleas are gone. Make sure you apply the powder to your floors and furniture as well where they like to lay the eggs.
This powder works well, but if you have an infestation, be aware that it will not work overnight. You must keep at it – sometimes for 4-6 weeks to be rid of it completely. You must be diligent!
Recipe inspired by : http://www.primallyinspired.com/