A Dash of Espresso Salt, may not seem like much but trust me when I tell you that this pinch of flavor packs a punch! There’s nothing quite like homemade chocolate chip cookies whether it’s a snack made by grandma or a gift to offer others. It’s the perfect treat that translates into pure love that can fill your belly!
Making these cookies is not only guaranteed to fill your home with all of the good smells, but it’s a recipe that is sure to invigorate the taste buds. Try this for the holidays and sit back and watch the smiles all around your holiday table.
Chocolate Hazelnut & Espresso Salt Cookies
- 1 cup Hazelnuts, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Salted butter Softened
- 1/2 cup Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, pure
- 1 large Egg
- 4 ounces Chocolate Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Butter Unsalted
- Expresso Brava Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- If your hazelnuts have skins, toast them in a skillet over medium heat, shaking gently. The skins will slip off. Let cool before processing.
- Pulse nuts in a food processor until nuts are about pea-sized.
- Cream together salted butter and sugar until fluffy, then mix in vanilla and egg. Finally, stir in flour and hazelnuts.
- Scoop dough out by the tablespoon onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Gently press down slightly on each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and unsalted butter together in a small saucepan or a microwave, whisking to combine thoroughly.
- Top each cookie with a spoonful of chocolate. Sprinkle with a pinch of Espresso Brava Sea Salt.
- Let cookies cool, and if desired, put them in the refrigerator to firm up the chocolate. Store in a covered container.