One of the tastiest things of the Fall is delicious Apple Cider! I wanted to share with you my favorite Apple Cider Recipe that I create every fall! This is done in a slow cooker so you can get it started in the morning and enjoy cider all day long! For those that prefer a virgin version of it, simply leave out the Rum and Vodka!
If you have any cider left over, strain and put it in sealed container in the fridge. It will keep for approximately one week. To enjoy pour and microwave for 30 seconds!
Raven's Fall Cider
- Slow Cooker
- 3-4 tbsp Mulling Spices To taste
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks, 2"-3" To taste
- 1 small Apple
- 2-3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice To Taste
- Cloves, Whole To taste - generally no less than 16.
- 1 cup Spiced Rum
- 1/2 cup Caramel Apple Vodka
- 1 gal Store Bought Apple Cider
- 6 Soft Caramel candies I generally use Werther's
- Muslin Bag or cheescloth
- Add your mulling spices to either a muslin bag or create a cheesecloth Sachet.
- Push the cloves in all around the apple to create an apple/clove Pomader
- Fill a large slow cooker with Cider. Toss in your apple/clove Pomader
- Toss sachet, cinnamon sticks, caramel candies, pumpkin pie spice into the slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 2 hours, or until the apple starts to soften.
- Switch slow cooker to low and add Rum and Vodka.
- Simmer for another hour on low.
- Enjoy hot! As you drink it, you can always add more cider to the mix to replenish without adding more spices.
- You can add more alcohol if desired or add a half-cup of Brandy.
- You can also omit the alcohol and have everyone add it on the side to their cups, in case not everyone drinks alcohol.