This is the perfect dish for fall! Whether you are doing a beer tasting at home, sitting by the fire or just wanting to tap into the flavors of Bavaria, this easy dish will become a staple in your home!
Pressure Cooker One-Pot Oktoberfest
- 4 slices bacon or alternate Vegan Option
- 3 bratwurst or alternate Vegan Protein
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 lb. 450 g “B”-size red potatoes (about 5–7 potatoes)
- 3 medium carrots peeled
- 1 tsp 5 mL canola oil
- ¼ tsp 1 mL salt
- ½ cup 125 mL beer (lager)
- ¼ cup 60 mL whole grain or stone-ground mustard
- 1 tbsp 15 mL apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5-6 parsley sprigs
- Slice the bacon into strips and quarter each bratwurst with the Chef’s Knife. Halve and slice the onion, then quarter the potatoes. Slice the carrots on an angle into 1" (2.5 cm) pieces.
- Set the Pressure Cooker to SEAR and press START. Heat the oil in the inner pot for 3 minutes. Add the bratwurst pieces and brown for 2 minutes, turning once. Transfer the browned brats to the small Steamer Basket.
- Add the bacon to the inner pot and cook for 3–4 minutes. Add the onion and salt and cook for 3–4 minutes. Stir in the beer, mustard, vinegar, and garlic pressed with the a Garlic Press. Cook for 3–4 minutes. Press CANCEL.
- Add the potatoes to the large steamer basket and place the carrots on top. Place the small basket into the large basket, then place both into the inner pot (see cook’s tip). Lock the lid and select the STEAM setting. Adjust the time to 3 minutes and press START.
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Press the steam-release button to manually release the pressure.
- To serve, transfer the ingredients from the baskets into a large Serving Bowl. Add the remaining ingredients from the inner pot to the bratwurst and vegetables. Top with cut parsley