Honey infused with herbs is pure decadence! It is a tasty method for adding more herbal energy to your everyday! Infused honey can be used in tea or coffee, on crackers, in cooking (drizzle it on some Brie and bake – trust me, you will thank me later!) and so much more. You can select herbs by flavor profile or the energy you want to include in your golden goodness! Also, try adding something spicy to it as well – like spicy peppers! This is a wonderful way to really customize the flavor profile of your cooking or drinking.
What you will need:
* Honey (Preferably raw honey from local beekeepers, if not, any high-end organic honey)
* Fresh or dried herbs: Lavender, Rose Petals, Lemon Balm, Chamomile, Basil, Ginger, Sage, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Vanilla Beans, Star Anise, and Thyme – to name a few. Choose herbs that you want.
* Glass Jar
1) Fill a clean glass jar halfway with fresh herbs or a quarter of the way with dried herbs.
2) Top with Honey, stir, and cap with a tight-fitting lid.
3) Place in a sunny windowsill ad turn the jar over once per day.
4) add more honey if the herbs swell and rise above the honey.
5) Allow infusing for 1 week or longer and strain once the desired flavor has been attained.
6) Enjoy drizzled over desserts, fresh fruit, ice cream, oatmeal, on toast with butter, in salad dressings, marinades, sauces, syrups, cordials. Or as a sweeter for Tea and Lemonade.
Also, this amazing honey makes a wonderful gift for birthdays, housewarming, mother’s day (if you want to impress mom with your mad herbal skills), and just about any other special occasion. I mean – who doesn’t love honey?