Soup is an easy meal that doesn’t ask a lot from you. Serve this soup with a hearty bready or grilled meats.
Spices you can use:
- A large bowl or pitcher
- 2 lb tomatoes cored, seeded and diced
- 1 small onion, yellow or white diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large green bell peppers cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 large cucumber peeled & chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar (traditional)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon basil dried
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley dried
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a blender, combine tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber, and onion, and in small batches until smooth.
- Add garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, and parsley to the blender. Combine.
- Put the finished mixer in a large bowl or pitcher. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. If you want to drink this right away, add ice cubes to the blender and combine.
- Stir well and taste for seasoning before serving. Serve in bowls or large mugs. You can top your soup with croutons, parsley, diced veggies, or sour cream.