Honey infused with herbs is pure decadence and a delicious way t enjoy medicinal or culinary goodness!
What you will need:
* Honey (Preferably raw honey from local beekeepers, if not, any high end organic honey)
* Fresh or dried herbs: Lavender, Rose Petals, Lemon Balm, Chamomile, Basil, Ginger, Sage, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Vanilla Beans, Star Anise, and Thyme – just to name a few. Choose herbs that you want.
* Glass Jar
1) Fill a clean glass jar halfway with fresh herbs or a quarter of the way with dried herbs.
2) Top with Honey, stir, and cap with a tight-fitting lid.
3) Place in a sunny windowsill ad turn the jar over once per day.
4) Add more honey if the herbs swell and rise above the honey.
5) Allow to infuse for 1 week or longer and strain once the desired flavor has been attained.
6) Enjoy drizzled over desserts, fresh fruit, ice cream, oatmeal, on toast with butter, in salad dressings, marinades, sauces, syrups, cordials. or as a sweeter for Tea and Lemonade.
Makes a wonderful housewarming, birthday or Christmas gift!