I wasn’t originally a tea lover. The tea I grew up with was 3 years expired Lipton to make Southern Sweet Tea. After being introduced to Raven Moon Emporium, my love for tea has wildly grown with every one I try. I know that my need for Sweet Tea hasn’t left my veins because I prefer to add any sugar I can find into my teas. From honey to coffee creamer, I will find something to sweeten up my cup. I have recently discovered a pleasing add-in called flower sugar! These sound fancy, but they’re incredibly easy to make.
Note: These are not the same as infused sugar because the flower isn’t sifted out the sugar. With infused sugar, you will only use the sugar and it takes 3 weeks for the flower’s flavor to incorporate. You can use flower sugars ASAP.
- Blender or Food processor
- 1 part flower I started with lavender
- 1 part granulated sugar
- A jar or vessel with a secure lid
- Place flowers and sugar in a blender. Blend for 2-3 minutes or until everything is in tiny pieces.
- Put it in a jar with a secure lid. You can store this for up to 1 month. Experiment with this by adding it to tea or rolling strawberries in it. This also is a great topping for sugar cookies.