November Ceremony: Time to Clean House
It’s a good place when all you have is hope and not expectations. – Danny Boyle
This month, we are taking advantage of this beautiful upcoming Sagittarius energy to release all of the crud that has been taking up space in our lives in 2023. As we prepare for the new year, this is a great time to release expectations and those projects that have not worked out, but we still feel committed to them because we have already spent so much time and energy on them.
This will be a releasing ceremony, so bring up to 3 things or projects you want to release to make room for new energies coming in the Spring. Some good ideas for things to release are:
- An attachment to a project at work – maybe it doesn’t excite you anymore, but you have spent so much time on it already that you feel committed to it.
- That perfect vision of yourself being the perfect parent, sibling, witch, homeowner, or any other expectations you put on yourself.
- That big “new business idea” that doesn’t seem to quite ever get off the ground. Maybe it’s your approach to it, or perhaps it’s not even for you. Releasing expectations and allowing things meant for you may be just what you need!
- Whatever idea of what your “purpose” in life is. Sometimes, the weight of responsibility where we feel committed to a particular path or way keeps us from growing or finding more significant opportunities.
- This is not about releasing behaviors you have, such as “I want to stop procrastinating” or “releasing emotional trauma,” etc. This is about releasing expectations, ways of seeing the world, and what we are “meant” to do. Releasing these will automatically release the behaviors to go with it!
- Cleansing supplies for yourself and your space.
- Your Book of Shadows or journal
- Your altar should be decorated with a theme of releasing (you can use crystals, statues, flowers, etc.)
- A black candle (you can substitute a brown candle instead)
- Anointing oil: Banishment, releasing, cord cutting, Rue, Cypress, White Sage
- We will be making our Incense, so choose 2 of each set of herbs (as you select these herbs, keep in mind we will be grinding them by hand in our M&P – so choose wisely!):
- Saturn Herbs: Boneset, Comfrey, Cypress, Fumitory, Kava Kava, Lobelia, Mullein, Skullcap, Solomon Seal or Slippery Elm
- Mars Herbs: Allspice, Basil, Asafoetida, Cumin, Damiana, Dragon’s Blood, Galangal Root, Ginger, Hawthorn, Hops, Pennyroyal, Pepper (black), Toadflax, Wormwood.
- Optional: Saltpeter (will make your incense spark if you want to try it)
- Container to keep leftover Incense.
- Paper and Pen
- Fire-proof container – such as a cauldron
- Bowl and charcoal (to burn the Incense)
- Tongs (to light charcoal and to hold burning paper)
- Mortar and Pestle (to make the Incense)
- Salt (for the ashes)
- A glass of water (for safety)
It’s time for a BIG change!