While we may be enjoying this unseasonably warm weather, winter clouds are gathering. With colder weather on the way, and people retreating into their homes, being in close proximity, viruses spread. The most nefarious of the illnesses, that dreaded influenza, begins to take hold. Fortunately, there are several ways to loosen its grip. Here are three products to soothe your sickness.
- Long used in treating influenza and colds.
- Naturally rife with antioxidants, antibacterial, and antiviral properties.
- Loaded with tannins, which ease a sore and upset stomach.
- High in vitamin C.
- Vitamin C may reduce risk and length of cold and flu by as much as 18%.
- High in antioxidants.
- Opens nasal passages.
- Elder flower
- Soothes nausea and upset stomach.
- Anise seed. May contain antimicrobial properties.
- Also may contain antimicrobial properties.
- May help to break fevers and increase circulation.
These products go quickly, so stock up and remember to stay healthy!
- Charlebois, D. “Elderberry as a Medicinal Plant.” Ed. J. Janick and A. Whipkey. Issues in New Crops and New Uses (2007). Online.
- Hemilä H, Chalker E. “Vitamin C for Preventing and Treating the Common Cold.” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD000980. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD000980.pub4.Online.
These products are not evaluated by the FDA. Information is for educational purposes only and not meant to treat or diagnose disease.