Many people ask that. If you look on any crystal healing and metaphysical sites, you will see a huge amount of information that in the end, pretty much tells you that every crystal does everything.
There are important things to note about crystals. They are little parts of our planet, with their own energy. Their energy will interact with your energy for unique results for each one of us. This is why some stones may feel really good for one person while others feel “off” for another.
So with that said, what is the best way to know? Well – the fact is that forces in our planet have been hard at work for years creating these little gems! They were created by the fires of volcanoes, the layering over time of debris, water currents or even the extreme pressures of continental plates pushing against one another. These energies are tied into the matrix abd creation of each stone, so ultimately they are going to be dictating what energies that stone is aligned with.
So the next time you want to know the energy of a stone, instead of heading to a metaphysical site, head to wikipedia and see how that little gem was created!
So how did your stone come to life? What it underwater? Was it deep in the earth with intense pressure of a crater? Was it through a volcanic eruption? All of these things can give you a glimpse of the type of energy stored in each stone!
Colors have an impact on the energy of a stone in that it vibrates at a certain frequency. So whatever energies are inside of that stone, that energy will be somewhat affected by the color frequency of that stone.
- Red, Orange, Yellow: Creativity, power, change, drive, stamina, courage, lust, purification
- White, Light Blue, Clear: Calming, focus, Healing, Spirits
- Black, Brown: Grounding and Protection
- Green – Prosperity, health, abundance
- Dark Blue – Meditation, thought, Clarity, Academics
- Pink, white: Love, relationships, self-love
- Purple: Calming, stress relief, psychic ability.
Another easy way to see what types of energy are in that stone is to look at what elements created them. If they were created deep in the earth through intense heat and pressure, the primary elements are earth and fire. If they were created near a water via hydrothermal energy, they contain water and fire. If they were created through erosion, they contain air and so on.
- Fire: Stones formed through fire bring passion, drive, excitement, courage
- Water: Stones formed through water bring healing, relationships, emotions, personal development
- Earth: Stones formed through earth bring healing, abundance, prosperity, luck, grounding
- Air: Stones formed through air bring clarity, psychic development, thought, creativity, communication, movement
Want to learn more? Visit us in Rock Hill or even sign up for our Gemstone Classes!