While we may be enjoying this unseasonably warm weather, winter clouds are gathering. With colder weather on the way, and people retreating into their homes, being in close proximity, viruses spread. The most nefarious of the illnesses, that dreaded influenza, begins to take hold. Fortunately, there are several ways to loosen its grip. Here are three products to soothe your sickness.
Elder flower and berry:
- Long used in treating influenza and colds.
- Naturally rife with antioxidants, antibacterial, and antiviral properties.
- Loaded with tannins, which ease a sore and upset stomach.
- High in vitamin C.
- Vitamin C may reduce risk and length of cold and flu by as much as 18%.
- High in antioxidants.
Cold & Flu Brew:
- Opens nasal passages.
- Elder flower
- Soothes nausea and upset stomach.
- Anise seed. May contain antimicrobial properties.
- Also may contain antimicrobial properties.
- May help to break fevers and increase circulation.
These products go quickly, so stock up and remember to stay healthy!
- Charlebois, D. “Elderberry as a Medicinal Plant.” Ed. J. Janick and A. Whipkey. Issues in New Crops and New Uses (2007). Online.
- Hemilä H, Chalker E. “Vitamin C for Preventing and Treating the Common Cold.” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD000980. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD000980.pub4.Online.
These products are not evaluated by the FDA. Information is for educational purposes only and not meant to treat or diagnose disease.
We have added yet another delicious Holiday Blend! This blend is available for a limited time, so get it while you can!!
Hot Cider Honeybush tea!
Hot Cider Honeybush is a delectable, naturally caffeine free blend, made to enjoy any time of day or night during the Holiday season! This delectable blend of heartwarming spices, sweet citrus, crisp apples and naturally caffeine free Honeybush conjures up memories of home for the holidays!
Contains: honeybush tea, cinnamon, licorice root, chamomile, natural flavor, orange peel, apple pieces
Large Git Tin: $15
Small Gift Tin: $10
Tea Tube: $4
Loose Tea: $3.75/oz
Get it while Supplies last!! You can also order it online here!
A delicious brew for a hot summer day!!
2 Tablespoons Dried Sage Leaf
2 Tablespoons Dried Red Clover Blossoms
2 Tablespoons Dried Spearmint Leaf
1 Tablespoon Dandelion Root
Mix all of the herbs together and put into a large infuser or wrap in cheesecloth. Add 1/2 gallon of cool water and let steep in the sun for a few hours. Chill in the fridge or serve over ice. Add a wedge or two of lemon before serving and enjoy!
Recipe taken from our partners at the Mountain Rose Blog!
Stop in to try them or you can see them all in our Etsy Store!
– Lavender Iced Tea
– Caffeine-free Chai
– Mocha Surprise
– Spice Delight Blend
– Chun Mee Green Tea (China)
– Gunpowder Green Tea (China)
– Moroccan Mint Tea
– Sencha Green Tea (Japan)
– Young Hysson Green Tea (China)
– White Silver Needle (China)
– Rooibos Africana
– Apricot Tea Bags
– Blackberry Tea Bags
– Chai Tea Bags
– Mango Tea Bags
– Senna Tea Bags
– Polari-Tea Blend
– Razzlemint Tea
– Root 66 tea
We have waited for a while now for our newest and most exclusive Tea to arrive, and it is finally here! Our White Silver Needle Tea!
White Silver Needle Tea!
This exceptional tea is one of the rarest and finest teas available in the world.It is only harvested for 2-3 days each spring in China’s Fujian province, and consequently only a very limited supply is available. Silver Needle tea is handpicked from the first unopened leaf buds, and are immediately dried, allowing for a minimal amount of processing. Stunning to look at, the tea needles are frosted with graceful white hairs, and smooth texture. Silver Needles Tea brews to a light golden color, and has a soft fragrant aroma. The taste is truly unique, with a mildly sweet floral finish, that is refreshing and delicate, yet with a pronounced and lingering flavor.
Stop in and try it today!!